Thursday, December 29, 2016
I'll say it again, when did a Presidential Inauguration become a Super Bowl halftime show? When did a Presidential Inauguration become a festival Coronation for the new King?
So who appeared at Barry's 2009 Inauguration, well thanks to HuffPo here’s the list:
Tim Daly, Tony Goldwyn, Anne Hathaway, Ron Howard, Spike Lee, Susan Sarandon,
Kerry Washington, Dana Delany, Ellen Burstyn, Alan Cumming, Barry Levinson,
Alfre Woodard, Josh Lucas, Matthew Modine, Richard Schiff, Connie Britton, Marcia Cross,
Maura Tierney, Sue Kramer, Rachael Leigh Cook, Gloria Reuben, Wendie Malick,
Adrian Grenier, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Phillip Bloch, Tom Cavanagh, Bradley Cooper,
Hill Harper, Ashley Judd, Blair Underwood, Lynn Whitfield, Maggie Gyllenhaal,
Peter Sarsgaard, Giancarlo Esposito, Kim Raver, Lawrence O’Donnell, Jane Krakowski,
Tamara Tunie and Tom Fontana with performances by Elvis Costello, Sting and Sam Moore (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/08/obama-inauguration-celebr_n_156257.html)
That was just in attendance and not including the many Presidential Balls and events that were planned. But, look at the list many were “A-listers” at that time and a huge part of Liberal Hollywood so of course they would be in attendance.
Don’t give me the bullsh*t about “Conservatives are shunned in Hollywood,” because that’s a lie when you see successes of Clint Eastwood, Sly Stallone, Tim Allen, Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughn, Gary Sinise, and Kirk Cameron. Did any of these folks RSVP? Where any invited? Hell I’m surprised James Woods chained a lawn chair on Pennsylvania Ave but it’s easier to focus on the Liberal then the Conservative when it comes to Hollywood complaints.
I will say it’s sad that only Presidents Obama and Carter are the only confirmed five living presidents to attend, even though Obama presence is a given.
Then again I must wonder if Ms Palin is upset because she’s waiting for her invite, I mean after all she was a Reality TV Star. (http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/bristol-palin-takes-on-the-hollywood-%E2%80%98sissies%E2%80%99-who-refused-to-perform-at-trump%E2%80%99s-inauguration/ar-BBxGr8V?li=BBnb4R7)
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Now some have complained that Donnie going after the F-35 contract is a continuation of his earlier attack on Boeing and the Air Force 1 (not so) deal, only problem is that the F-35 is built by Lockheed not Boeing. I truly want to believe this is Donnie listening to his current crop of Administration Generals, some of which also complained about Congress’ spending on materials our military does not need or has an over abundant stock. The M1A1 Abrahams tanks is a prime example of over abundance, but the F-35 program has been a boondoggle for the past 8 years and the contract needs to be renegotiated despite the woes of Congress.
Per aviationweek.org, after Donnie’s tweets about the out of control F-35 spending Lockheed’s Jeff Babione stated “Lockheed has invested hundreds of millions of dollars to reduce the per-unit cost of the airplane more than 60%, he said. The company projects the price tag will be $85 million in the 2019 -2020 timeframe.” That’s all good and well but the current cost per plane, depending on its variant is roughly $200 million per plane with a contract nearing $380 BILLION in cost to date.
Truly I have never understood why the military was in the market for a jet fighter version of the GM J body platform, meaning same vehicle being rebadged per division or in the case of the F-35 being a universal plane for the Air Force, Navy and Marines. Yet Congress was sold on the idea and by doing so it had decided to cut the F-22 jet fighter program in its infancy with a small amount of planes delivered. It’s like the Cleveland Browns drafting a QB in the draft, he turns out to be a good player but there’s a newer shiner QB and they want him so the cut the other guy.
Yes we need to replenish our military with newer equipment, as of right now we’re still using Cold War tech decades after it ended as B-52, C-130, F-16, F-15, F-18 and A-10 are stilling flying and have proved they are still capable of doing the job. But as time passes, parts are becoming harder to get and they can only raid the bone yard so many times to keep the fleet flying.
But can analog tech win in the digital world of warfare?
Get over the Celebrity migration already
Of course there are people who state they are gonna protest against a celebrity for their political view, but how many turn off Ted Nugent when Stranglehold comes on the radio or change the channel when Matt Damon’s Bourne series is on. I would think not very many do it because they enjoy the product. Actually I believe both are overplayed and would rather listen to Nugent’s Great White Buffalo or watch Damon’s We Bought A Zoo instead.
Then again, there none of the proclaimed moves had a time stamp applied meaning yes Donnie was elected President, so Rosie moving to Canada (if they accept her) could happen years after his first term. Plus how many are waiting since 2010 for Limbaugh to fulfill his promise to move if Obamacare became law?
It’s amusing seeing how loyalty doesn’t get one a paycheck afterwards.
Poor Chris Christie and Rudy G, they only wanted one job within the new Admin and got zilch for their puckered lips. Both were offered other cushy seats but wanted none of them and now are seating outside pressed against the glass looking in. It’s not unusual for politicians to attack each other during primaries only to be cozy with each other afterwards, too which some go job hunting at the winner’s office within weeks of victory. So seeing Carly Fiorina’s heels clicking their way to the top floor of Trump Towers like Willard Romney, Ted Cruz and many others who spoke ill is amusing.
So apparently I upset some folks on Social Media the other day by mocking Fiorina’s appearance inside the marbled halls of Trump Tower looking for a job minus crow in hand. Look there’s a difference between flip-flopping and ass kissing but apparently it’s not nice to mock either unless that person is a Liberal trying to garner votes or popularity points. Fiorina got a lot of press after being the topic of a verbal outing by Donnie and she stood stoic but eventually fell of the podium to become Teddy Cruz’s VP selection for about a minute till he fell on the political pen. Now she needs to regain some sort of relevance to stay in the game.
That’s it, slap the political tap and no matter what Social Media tells you Dinosaurs did exist!
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
1. No Donnie did not create another 50,000 new jobs with SunBank deal. Why? Because it was a deal that was announced months prior to the US elections but don’t let the current MSM inform you correctly about it. Nope, CBS Radio and local CBS affiliate plus multiple websites are reporting it as if Donnie worked the deal himself. Sorry folks,, don't beleive the hype.
Here's how FOX News announced the deal: http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2016/12/06/trump-announces-50b-investment-from-japans-softbank.html
And this is how CNBC announced the deal, notice the difference of information: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/06/trump-says-softbank-will-invest-50-billion-in-the-us-aiming-to-create-50000-jobs.html
2. No Donnie will not be using Trump One after nixing the Boeing Air Force One deal. Fact is the current 2 planes are almost 30 years old. They were commissioned by Pres Reagan and didnt go into service till 1990. Also missing is the fact that Boeing shut down the manufacturing of parts for that edition of the 747, so maintenance of the current fleet is gettign expensive. The new planes too which he mentioned won't take flight for another 12 years. Plus there are only 2 planes currently manufactured that could handle the amount of travel and cargo needed for a sitting president: Boeing 747 and Airbus A30. I don't think the POTUS will be flying in a foreign built plane.
This blurp by Donnie was simply a knee jerk reaction towards Boeing's CEO who questioned the 35% tax/tariff talk in a current interview. Time to grow some thicker skin
3. NO NO NO “Crazy Grandpa” Joe you will not run in 2020. Don't even give that thought any legs to move because thankfully the notion that was created last week by Joe was put to grave today by Joe. Ain't happening.... Or is it? http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/biden-says-no-plans-2020-presidential-bid-adds-never-say-never/
4. If you buy/rent a home in a Home Owners Association neighborhood, read your damn guidelines and do not complain when the association president and neighbors ask you to remove your flag or banner. Honestly, HOA's a re annoying and a pain in the ass, but neighnorhoods have them for many reasons from yard maintenance to road repair to snow removal. You pay for it, they management. Want to complain, call for a HOA neighborhood campfire and hash out a resolution. But nope it's easier to call the media and make a spectacle of the situation
5. Will the true candidate for SecState please step forward! I've lost count, but Willard Romney is still hanging on despite Donnie's supporters standing by with pitchforks
6. Can we stop with the Colin Kaepernick mocking. OK I get it, you don’t like him because he takes a knee during the national anthem and didn’t register to vote. But ya know what, he wasn't that great of a QB to begin with.
OK so he took the 49ers to a Super Bowl years ago, but what's lost in that season was the 49ers were having a good year with Alex Smith at QB. Sure he's a vanilla ( no pun intended) QB meaning no excitement, but he was playing good till he got hurt. That's the only reason Kaepernick got into the starting line up.
7. When did it become “patriotic” to pay more for goods? Guess we'll see over the next couple of years.
8. Funny how those who once disliked Marky Mark Wahlberg by calling him a Liberal are cheering him after he went on an itty bitty tirade calling out his Hollywood friends for living in a bubble and how they shouldn’t talk politics. Is this not the same guy who once mocked Charlton Heston at the MTV Movie Awards by saying “I believe Charlton Heston is America's best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association."
Yes, yes it is.
Oh I forgot, Wahlberg is now OK because of his portrayal of Lone Survivor/Marcus Luttrell as few years back. Then again it’s not surprising because too many went bonkers for Bradley Cooper’s portrayal of Chris Kyle in American Sniper only to loose their shit after seeing him attending Liberal functions with Obama
I feel better already
That's it, slap the political tap and pay your tab, because the Liberty Valance Presidency Rides Again!